Friday, June 6

Mac Brave review

Kylie Jenner's lipstick is just something I adore, whether her new found full lips are surgical improvements or skill full makeup results. I can't deny that I really want the same results. In particular the shade is something that I am head over heels for. That mauve-y, deep burnt rose is just delightful. 

I found Brave by Mac which on first swatch was pretty similar to hers. It's a satin finish lipstick so is matte but not the overly drying type - it's a comfortable matte. But it does accentuate lip lines, chapped lips and so on so be sure to prepare your lips!. 
Colour wise, on the bullet it's like a deep pink with brown undertones - although my camera picked up more of the brown and mauve tones. On my lips which I would say are fairly pigmented it comes up as a mauve pink, which is fairly similar to Kylie's look. But obviously depending on your skin tone and lip pigmentation it will vary.  It is also quite shimmery when swatched which I was quite cautious of but on the lips I can't seem to see any shimmer which is what I had hoped.

The downside for me is the lasting power, the colour wears around the centre of my lips fairly quickly which is quite annoying as it needs maintenance and I'm a forgetful person. I find this lasts around 1-2 hours on me before I need to re-apply, if I don't re-apply then the lipstick's faded but left a dark pink tint to my lips which isn't too bad as it does leave some colour.

Brave is a colour that suits all skin tone in my opinion and it's definitely one to pick up if you're thinking of buying a new lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment